Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Floors

About 2 months ago I was visiting teaching an 82 yr old woman who asked " Is your little girl crawling yet" to which I replied "No not yet but she is getting really close." To which the woman said " well that is to bad, when she does start to crawl spank her butt, sit her back down and say NO!" I laugh just thinking about that because anyone who has ever had a child knows the craziness we endure during the crawling phase. Get the baby up in the morning. Scour the the floor with microscopic vision for anything on the floor, such as paper, strings, dirt, food, books, basically anything that could do harm to your sweet adorable child or anything that your sweet adorable child could do harm to. It is a crazy vicious cycle of picking up constantly, vacuuming 2 maybe 3 times a day sweeping at least 4 times a day and then mopping, all this and then the sound of Bump, Thud, WAAAAAA as you realize your little one tried to conquer the stairs and failed in their attempt. Then just when you get used to this routine you realize your sweet baby is pulling herself up onto anything she can find. This has been my life for the past few weeks but hey my floors are clean!!!
This is Lydia trying to crawl away from me and the camera. It was taken after church.



She stood up all by herself Just holding on to his fingers. She is pretty proud of herself so was her daddy!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Precious! She doesn't look too scraped up. Hope she conquers the stairs soon. She's not a year yet, CRAWL some more.

NaDell said...

WOW! I never vacuum that much! Not even when they are crawling. I do have to make sure that the pieces all get picked up or kept up high. Vincent's still not walking. He is barely putting weight on his legs.
Lydia is so cute. Glad your house is clean. =) Too bad you have to do it, right?

NaDell said...

Oh, and it's really funny that that lady told you to spank her if she tried to crawl. How silly. Like that would work anyway!

The Four J's said...

Poor baby!!! Guess it's time for the baby gates again?? You might hear your boys going thud with those though too, haha!! She's growing up way too fast!!! Love you guys!!!

Amy said...

We are so at this same point with Carson. And I swear I must turn on my vaccum 10 times a day! I don't even put it away anymore. I feel like I should add some ribbon to it and make it a permanent accent piece. He's mainly only scooting himself backwards so far, but he's actually crawled forwards a few times but hasn't realized what he's really doing. I feel like I'm going to have to barricade the place when he's really on the move.

So glad I don't have stairs! She is so stinkin' cute!

Claybrook Family said...

How adorable!