Monday, January 26, 2009

Family Home Evening Fun!!!


Tonight for our Family Home Evening activity and treat we made a recipe for Chocolate Cake in a Mug. NaDell posted it a bit ago and we had to try it. It was so fun and easy!!! My boys thought it was so cool to make their own dessert. I highly recommend this for anyone with young kids, they will have a blast with it. Thanks NaDell for sharing your recipe.



















5-MINUTE MUG CAKE RECIPE
4 TBSP flour
4 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP baking cocoa (dry powder)
1 egg
3 TBSP milk
3 TBSP oil
3 TBSP chocolate chips
a small splash of vanilla

Instructions:
No need to spray or grease mug.
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly
Pour in milk and oil, mix well.
Add chocolate chips and vanilla, mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for THREE minutes @ 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, don't be alarmed! Dump out on plate if desired after cooking (it will almost split in half, so you could share it with another person if you wanted). We sprinkled ours with powdered sugar.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

I'm glad the recipe is making it's way around.
It's a fun one, but a little of my cake did go over....maybe my mugs are too small or something.
Fun stuff!

Tiffy Ann said...

Sounds like it was fun and yummy. We will have to try it out! Things are wonderful here, how are you holding up?

JK said...

I really need to try these things, I keep hearing great things about them. And I mean they're chocolate, they have to be good. :) -Kari C.